Monday, February 28, 2011

Hot Cocoa Mix: Winter's not over yet!

Photo by Southern Grace Photography
February is almost over, and March is roaring in with it's promise of a lamb-like end. But winter's not over yet. While the evenings are still turning chilly, it's not too late to curl up with a book and a steaming cup of hot chocolate.

Here is a recipe for homemade hot chocolate mix that I have toyed with this winter, perfecting it to my family's taste.

Ingredients:
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. powdered nondairy creamer
3 c. powdered milk
1 c. white sugar (I use 1 c. Splenda)
1 3.4 oz. box instant chocolate pudding (I use sugar-free)
1/2 t. salt

Directions:
Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend until combined. Store in airtight container.

Tip: Use vanilla or butterscotch pudding for flavored hot chocolate!

This recipe was updated 11-15-2013 to reflect some improvements I've made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment