Thursday, October 25, 2012

Women and Self-Obsession

Ladies, I have a confession. I am self-obsessed. My guess is that you are, too.

Jan Quick begins her Resurgence article “I See You and I Judge” with this confession. Self-obsession is rooted in pride, but pride often shows up in unexpected ways. Quick wisely examines self-obsession through the lens of insecurity.

There is a judge, a jury, a panel of accusers. “Do you think you’ve hidden your shame?” they cry. “You are a fraud, a loser, a wannabe. You’ll never make it to the top!” These voices have been with us all of our lives, it seems. Who are they anyway? The Bible tells us that this voice is the accuser of the brethren whose name is liar and yet . . . it still feels so true...

Visit Marry Well to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment