Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Growing in Patience

On February 7, Crosswalk.com posted an article by Jennifer Heeren titled “Dating Requires Patience.” She begins:

Patience is a fruit of the spirit that God taught me during my e-dating experience. My plan was to sign up for a membership on an e-dating site, pay for two to three months, and find the perfect man for me. This seemed perfectly fair to me since I was already in the second half of my thirties. I felt I had already paid my dues, so to speak. I was in a mindset to pray through the whole process and I really wanted God’s input into the outcome but I was also making my plan and praying that God would bless that plan instead of trusting in Him, leaning not on my own understanding, and letting Him make my paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV). God honored the fact that I wanted His input but I needed work on the not leaning on my own understanding part...

Visit Marry Well to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment