Friday, April 5, 2013

Responsibility in Modesty

In yesterday’s discussion of modesty, Marry Well member LadyElaine80 recommended an article by Emily Maynard titled “Modesty, Lust and My Responsibility.” Maynard confronts some assumptions in the conservative Christian culture and encourages people to think outside-the-box. She begins:

I grew up in a conservative home, in a conservative church, and in conservative social circles. And hear me correctly, being conservative isn’t the problem. The lies I believed from my culture are the problem, and lies can come from any background. It’s been an intense process over the last two years as I’ve become aware of my many distorted views from my past, but in the midst of it, I’m seeing God more clearly.

Visit Marry Well to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment